Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A couple of weeks ago I made my mom's recipe of Corn Chowder.  Norm and I really like it and I did take it over to himnd made some for Emily as well.  So here's the recipe she used with a couple of minor changes that I've made.
1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup celery sliced
3 cups of milk
1 1/2 cup cubed potatoes
2 cans creamed corn and 1 can regular corn
1 bay leaf, 1 tablespoon parsley
salt and pepper to taste (I also add summer savory)

Break up the sausage and saute it until brown.  Remove from the pan and reserve.  Add more margarine if necessary and then add the celery and onion, cook gently for 10 minutes.  Add milk, sausage, corn and bay leaf.  Simmer for 25 minutes, then add the potatoes for about 10 more minutes.  Sprinkle parsley on top when serving.

Weather here is very pleasant.  Norm is doing well and the therapists have signed off on him now, so the caregivers are keeping him going with his therapy.  We will be going to my aunt's on Thanksgiving in the early afternoon, he should be back to the group home for a second meal...lol!

I've been working on mixed media art pictures for a few of the caregivers for Christmas presents.  I had already given Nikki one that she liked and didn't want to leave anyone out.  I've got 6 made and will make one more.  I've used material that I have dyed, fabric beads I've made, etc.  I'll post the pictures of them eventually.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

This looks yummy, think I may try it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Pam said...

Yum. It looks comforting and delicious Peggy.

lemonverbenalady said...

Looks delicious, Peggy. Hope you and Norm have a peaceful Thanksgiving! xxoo Nancy