Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm happy to say the pipe has been patched and the hole filled back in.  We have to let the dirt settle a winter.  Below are a couple of pictures of what we were dealing with.  The guys were here last night until 9:00pm pouring concrete for patching as we had rain and John wanted to get the concrete fininshed.  The two pipes had been butted together and when we took the pine tree down when we moved in years ago, that left nothing to keep the pipes together.  Fortunately there were no cracks under the drive or that would have had to be torn up.

Norm is doing well again.  The gout has cleared up.  They even have meds left for it so I'm happy about that.  Therapy is done with him and I'm hoping to get him to senior lunch next Friday.   He hasn't been out in over a month and so he's long due to get out.

I've been working on a few projects, actually playing with paints and techniques.  So this has been fun.  I'll be doing some of this so I can build up my stash so to speak.  The wire wrap art guild class has to be rescheduled due to Sandy passing through here.  Then in December I have an art guild class where we make a pine wreath, so that will be fun.

Oh I should have added the guys also cleared out the leaves and cut down bushes while they were still here last night and they were doing things in the dark!  Our weather has been great, but I guess we go back to the forties next week.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. I've been looking over your blog and love how diverse you are. Sorry to read about your power. I hope you have full power soon and I hope that pipe patch works.

You asked if my lace was stiff. NO, because the ink and alcohol don't change the hand of the lace, or the fabric. Thanks for asking.

From the Kitchen said...

Hope you have a respite from household problems for a while! Sounds like you have a few fun events coming up. Hope Norm can get out and about with you soon.

Best,
Bonnie

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Peggy,

Wow that was a huge crack in that pipe. Hope the patch works and your troubles are over.
hugs

Pam said...

Good think they patched up the hole! Glad you and Norm are doing well.

lemonverbenalady said...

Hope everything is on the right track again, Peggy! Hasn't this weather been glorious? Sending positive energy from the east! xxoo Nancy