Friday, January 25, 2013

Here is the cutest mug rug I received.  I love the colors.  What is a mug rug you ask, it's large enough to hold a mug and a snack.  I received it from Sarma in one of the yahoo groups I'm in.
We don't seem quite as cold today, but the snow is falling and we have about 2" of new snow.  Should be gone next week, but rain will come, so I'm not sure which is better.  I'm glad the extremely cold air is gone as it is hard for me to breath in especially with winter allergies.

Yesterday was Norm's visit to University Hospital.  Cat Scan showed the ventricles in his head went down a little more and so we are leaving well enough alone.  It was the quickest trip in and out of UH we've ever done.  Surgeon doesn't want to see him for a year (I was shocked I figured 6 months) unless somethings happens.  There's still issues with him not straightening his knees so walking isn't great.  I suggested to Norm an x-ray of his knees and he said no, no more doctors, so I'll wait until Spring.  An x-ray won't hurt because the issues have been since he had gout in the left knee back in October.  But I can't blame him in saying no as he's been poked and prodded, etc, etc. for the past 2 years and just wants to be left alone right now.  Also the extreme cold weather and heat in the house could cause this as well.

I've been home all day today and probably tomorrow depending on weather.  I've been doing art, but just seem tired all the time and I'm sure it's due to the weather, etc.  I didn't even go to senior lunch today and it has probably been over a year since I missed one.  Hope everyone has a good weekend.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for visiting me today. Good to hear Norm is doing as well as he is.

Pam said...

Glad Norm got a good report. Love the quilted cup.

Parsley said...

I love this! I am tempted to try to make one but my sewing skills are awful.

Barbara said...

Hi Peggy, have to keep moving is what works for me. Tired happens though anyhow. The mug rug is really cute!

Julie said...

This is a tough time of year and you are coping with a lot so no wonder you feel tired. Have a restful weekend and take care of yourself.