Sunday, February 3, 2013

I was in a swap over in Vintage Dragonfly and we were to do Valentine spoolies (empty spools of thread.  This is the one I did for the swap.  The "butterfly" is from ArtChix and the background paper is some I had on hand.
When there's snow on the ground one does art!  Friday senior lunch was cancelled due to snow.  I did get over to see Norm before the worst hit.  Yesterday was just plain bad.  We ended up with at least 4" of snow and it literally snowed all day.  Our plow guy came about 6:30, so I asked him to bring our mail in.  Did not go and see Norm.  I went to see him today as it's not bad out there today there's even peaks of sun out, which is nice to see.  Norm is fine.

I've been getting projects done.  I'm finishing up a shadow box from the TV show Charmed.  It was one of my favorites.  I also have a paper mache mask that is being finished up as well.  And last but not least a beaded doll.  This one a mermaid.  So I have been staying busy.

When Brandy comes in I hold her in a towel to get the snow off her and her feet warmed up.  Today it doesn't seem quite so cold as it's not windy.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Very cute swap Peggy, my Queen of Swaps! Not nearly as much snow here in south Jersey, glad you are coping well.

Pam said...

Love the Valentine swap with the spool. Glad your weather improved today.

Stay warm.

Pam said...

I know you don't love it but I sure do miss living were it snows all day long!

The Valentine spool looks pretty.

Faye said...

I love the Spoolie Angel, Peggy. I used to play with the empty spools. Sometimes I'd play with the full spools, pretending the colored threads were the colorful dresses. Your angel is very clever. As for snow, it got to almost 60° today here.