Sunday, March 3, 2013

And now for a metal nicho (shrine).  I got this from Artchix several years ago.  It's hard to capture the look because it's metal and then the glass door in front.  The image inside is from Suze Weinberg an image book I've had for years.  I used alcohol inks on the nicho and then glitter glue around the edges.   I've had the scrabble letters for years also.
Well Brandy didn't get her bath yesterday...due to snow and the main issue being I have to clear the drive before I take her and probably would have had to clear it when I picked her up.  So now the date is Thursday and we are suppose to be near 40 that day.

This morning is snow, snow snow.  I laugh as weatherman said a trace up to an inch and we have at least 3" on the ground and it's still snowing.  So I didn't go see Norm again today.  I'll have to post a picture of the drive next time.  Two days in a row of clearing the hill and I refused this morning.  Hopefully our plow guy will come later, if not I'll call, usually he waits until it stops...lol!

Norm is fine, at least he was Friday.  I'll call later and see how he is.  The biggest issue is still the walking and I still want to take him in May for x-rays on the knees (especially the left one where the gout was) to see if we are dealing with anything major.  He says he's not in pain, but honestly I'm glad he's there as if he's not walking I can't handle him here.  He mentioned home and I said he is home there as I just don't trust him not trying to get up by himself.  He's been out of an ER for 6 months and I want to keep it that way!

Income tax is done and filed, yea.  I've been straightening up file drawers here, though I do keep up with that for the most part.  I have a couple of art projects going too.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

5 comments:

Pam said...

More snow? My kids wish we had snow here. Stay warm.

Mary said...

Nicho is fabulous! I am sure that the snow will stop, just not sure when. We have some coming in on Wednesay night, right about the time I am supposed to drive home. Take care Peggy.

Mary said...

Love the nicho! Hope the snow will go away very soon. We get some on Wednesday afternoon. We are getting double winter this year.

Julie said...

Oh wow, I wish my taxes were done!! Nicho is beautiful.

Astrid Maclean said...

The Nicho looks fabulous, but I can imagine it must have been hard to photograph!